HomeDomestic EPC'sCommercial EPC'sInventoriesHIP'sContact Us
ARC Energy Assessment
Domestic EPC's

Domestic Energy Performance Certificates

ARC Energy Assessment

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required for all homes whenever built, rented or sold. If you are buying or selling a home it is now law to have a certificate. They are also required on construction of new homes and are needed for rented home the first time the property is let after 1st October 2008.

EPC prices are from as little as £40.00

The certificate records how energy efficient a property is as a building and provides A-G ratings. These are similar to the labels now provided with household appliances such as washing machines and refrigerators.

They are produced using standard methods and assumptions about energy usage so that the energy efficiency of one building can easily be compared to another of the same type. This allows prospective buyers, tenants, owners, occupiers and purchasers to see informationon the energy efficiency and carbon emmisions fromtheir building so they can consider energy efficiency and fuel costs as part of their investment.

An EPC is always accompanied by a recommendation report that lists cost effective and other measures (such as low and zero carbon generating systems) to improve the energy rating. A rating is also given showing what could be achieved if all the recommendations were implemented.

Home|Domestic EPC's|Commercial EPC's|Inventories|HIP's|Contact Us